Thursday, July 4, 2013

Practicing patience with joy

When we signed up in for this project, I wondered if three weeks was too long. As Sylvia knows, patience is not one of my virtues and I have never tolerated boredom well. I can truthfully say, with these precious children, I have practiced patience with joy, and I have not experienced one moment of boredom. I would love to stay three more weeks and three more.

This island is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. I will never forget the wondrous beauty in these innocent, smiling children. A special meaningful bonus was to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary exactly where we wanted to be.

I am not sure I have left a mark on the world, but I am sure Takitumu Primary School has left a mark on me. So here we are, five of us left, ending our tour of duty, soon to be back on the Air New Zealand flight bound for L.A. then on to Boston, then on to Morehead State and, yes, on to our little island home, perhaps to return some day. You never know!

Entry submitted by: Papa Bob

Message of the Day: “Service is the greatest gift of all.”

0 comments: