Monday, June 24, 2013

Smiling faces

Monday at Titikaveka was filled with smiling faces and an eagerness to learn even though the environment is a little too lax to be considered school. I worked with a young girl that the principal considered “mentally retarded’ and had to remember one of my life lessons. Since I was a young child up until when my father passed away we had a handshake in which we would cross pinkies and say “patience.” Patience is something that we as educators and even as adults must possess.

Last night’s dinner of spaghetti and mystery mean sauce was a time of reflection and laughs about the day. I couldn’t ask for a better group of people to share this experience with and it will be strange to be without Suzanne and Devin next week. I feel that we have become one big family with Papa Bob as head of the household. After this trip we will all go home to our lives, but wish everyone live long and prosper.
                                                           
Entry submitted by: Haley

Message of the Day: “The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing!”

0 comments: